Saturday, September 5, 2015

Tattooing Through the Tears

I already explained the idea behind the name "Living Story"  but this week I have never experienced such emotion while tattooing someone before. I literally was tattooing through tears. I was truly overwhelmed not just by her story but the fact that she felt so comfortable in sharing it with me.
I had already heard some of her story from talking before but that day we talked about her family....and that's when the tears began. 

I cannot express what a humbling experience it is.  There is no aspect of life that breast cancer does not touch; from surgical scars, sexuality, and self-esteem to pain from surgery and treatments and of course the fear of mortality,  just to mention a few.  I am so blessed to hear the stories of their journey.

I believe there is a reason I was called to do this type of work as it is my passion to provide each patient with the best tattoo I possibly can.  I am so thankful for my referring physicians for trusting me with their patients and for those ladies who walk through my door trusting me with their new breasts.

It is a rewarding task, as I benefit spirtually just as much as they do physically.... and I welcome those tears.

Chrissy

No comments:

Post a Comment